Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: ( Friday 4th & Saturday 5th February 2022)
We would like to invite you to our 8th ‘Utrecht Sessions’ on “Hypoplastic left heart syndrome: from fetus to stage I”. The Utrecht Sessions will take place on February 3th -5th, 2022 t the UMC Utrecht/Wilhelmina Children’s Hospital, The Netherlands. After last year’s highly successful conference on Aortic Anomalies, we will focus on the state-of-the-art management of patients with Hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Our multidisciplinary concept will cover the entire spectrum from fetal diagnostics to stage I palliation. The international faculty from Europe and North America guarantees stimulating lectures and interactive discussions. You are welcome to attend and share your experience with all professionals being involved in HLHS care.
The main topics will be:Pathology and embryology of Hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- Imaging: from fetal echo to advanced MRI and CT
- Surgical strategies: Norwood versus Hybrid palliation
- Early shunt stenosis and pulmonary artery stenosis
- Neo-aortic arch stenosis: surgical strategies and decision making
- Brain protection and neuro monitoring in stage I palliation
- Peri-operative management of single ventricle patients in ICU
- Anticoagulation before and after stage I
- Interstage programs across the world, institutional experiences
As in previous years we have selected a unique location for our social dinner on Friday February 4th 2022.
We look forward to seeing you on February 4th and 5th, 2022 in Utrecht!
Gregor Krings, Felix Haas, Heynric Grotenhuis
A separate Dutch-spoken satellite symposium is held on Thursday February 3th intended for parents, local health care providers and our partners in the field of pediatric cardiac care.
For inquiries please contact Sylvia van Zuilen, email@example.com